Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lightning Quick Movie Review: The Traveler


Man, redbox sure is nice isn't it? movies for a buck a day. So even if you pick a stinker, you shrug and say "well, it only cost a dollar".

Well I want my dollar back for the Traveler!

Ok, the Traveler is about a stranger who steps into a police station and confesses to killing six people. Mysterious goings on commence in the police station. This 2010 movie feels like a low quality '80's horror movie.

It stars Val Kilmer which immediately set off my warning alarms. Yes he is definitely a great actor in some of my favorite movies (Top Gun, The Doors, Tombstone, Batma...um The Doors...).

But honestly, his face is now fat and bloated looking. Yeah, he went all Brando. I spent the whole movie saying "Aww, Ice...Man."

The only redeeming factor is that whole evening I ended up continuously trying to hauntingly whistle Lacrimosa from Mozart's Requiem as Val Kilmer's character did.