Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lightning Quick Movie Review: I Am Number Four

Honestly, I hope there is a sequel to this movie and I hope they call it "I Am Number Two". Never afraid to wear a joke out to death, I continuously mused out loud during the whole movie "I wonder when Number Two will appear?"

This is a teen sci fi movie about a teen from another planet who has to conceal his different-ness and hide from other aliens who want to kill him. Yup. It's a metaphor for life as a teen. And it has all the teen elements in the movie for kids to associate with: a love interest, angst and frustration, cool vehicles (according to all these teen movies, you gotta have either an old truck or motorcycle, right?), bullies, fights with parental figures, and aliens trying to kill you.

I'm easy to please and it was worth the $1.00 plus tax I paid to rent it on redbox. Some of the special effects were bad but the fight scenes were great. Seriously, I doubt they will but they should make a sequel and expand on Number Six (an experienced combative girl that rides a motorcycle) and of course, introduce Number Two!