Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lightning Quick Movie Review: Battle Los Angeles

Tired of all my glowing reviews?
Well this movie stunk so much although I recently watched it I had to google it to remind myself what it was about.

Ok, apparently it's about an alien invasion a la Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds (which i did like). It centers around Aaron Eckhart as a veteran Marine who wants to retire but has to lead a platoon to battle aliens and rescue civilians.

The main reason I hated this movie was that for all the action in the movie, there was overemphasis of all the drama of Aaron Eckhart losing his entire squad in Iraq in the past and not wanting to lose more people. That is all good...in another movie. There is no place for this in an alien-fighting movie! I am sure there were parts I liked but I can't remember them due to all that drama.

It was so bad that my girlfriend fell asleep near the end. Since she picked the movie, I repeatedly attempted to wake her up so she could suffer through the movie as well.

Not worth the dollar plus tax she spent for the rental at redbox.