Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day bonus post

I figure the least I could do was give you a bonus post for this extra day this year. It's a clearinghouse of random thoughts and quotes.

I hope you're doing something cool with your extra day this year!

Yesterday I read a Surfer interview with Yvon Chouinard, Founder of Patagonia. Here's a few quotes that I thought were good...

"Personally, I try to lead a simple life. I don’t walk around with my hat on backward looking like a surfer. My Patagonia clothing, some of it is 20 years old. Just because I have a clothing company doesn’t mean I have closets and closets of brand new clothes.

Sure, it’s a consumer society, but you don’t have to be part of it. I hardly ever spend any money. Consumerism is just people trying to make themselves happy by consuming. And that’s wrong. Doesn’t work.

The secret to happiness is to be working at your passion. If you want to be miserable, lead a desperate life like everybody else where they drag their asses to work everyday because they hate their job"

hmm...some of my Patagonia clothing is about 15 yrs old. The synthetic stuff takes awhile to wear out!
If I could do whatever I wanted to and get paid, what would I do? My quick list was driving, writing, and designing.

Those Chouinard quotes are nice but my favorite Quote of the Day comes from a B movie highlighted on the CBS Sunday morning show last weekend.

"What about the damn piranhas?'

"They're eating the guests, sir."