Sunday, September 18, 2011

RMR: THOR

Welcome to another edition of Redbox Movie Review. THOR.
For those that cannot afford to read the whole review, here is my twitter version:

Stop, Hammertime. The real star of Thor is the Pinzgauer. Natalie Portman is ok too. Worth $1

No, Pinzgauer is not the name of the blond actor who played Thor. We'll get to him in a minute. A Pinzgauer is an Austrian built utility vehicle, their version of the Humvee. And it is awesome.
I haven't had so much lust for a vehicle since, well, last week. Second place goes to the Airstream trailer in the movie, making me forget the quality control issues they are supposed to have. The Jar Jar Binks award goes to Acura for ham fisted product placement. I don't think SHIELD would drive something like that. Not when they have the government's money at their disposal.

Ok ladies. Now we can discuss your object of lust. When Thor, played by Chris Hemsworth is first seen with his shirt off, my girlfriend let out a loud involuntary gasp. Well, I'm pretty sure it was her. Hell it coulda been me. The damn guy is blond and built like a marble statue. I guess I should lift some weights.

Natalie Portman was also good in this movie. Since the Professional, I kinda wrote her off. She's one of these actresses who has a stellar reputation for being so smart and talented, but I don't think she started getting good till Black Swan and No Strings Attached.

Overall I enjoyed this movie and thought it was definitely worth a dollar. The computer graphics seemed heavy handed at times but I guess that's Asgard for you. It had a perfect balance of action, comedy, drama, and romance. I hope the Pinzgauer is in the sequel!