Friday, September 23, 2011

A Recovering Car Addict's and Failed Zen Minimalist's* Guide to Buying a New Car.

(The title of this post was going to be "Buying a Car" but I figured that would give everyone that knows me palpitations.)

A car is probably the second most expensive item purchase one will make aside from a home (I'm guessing the third most expensive single item purchase is a cubic zirconium ring). Anyhow, so a wrong car purchase can adversely affect your finances for a few years if you make a mistake.

Buying a new car:

DON'T

Don't argue with me. Do not buy a new car. I love cars. I love new cars. But I don't plan on ever buying a new one again unless I somehow end up with over $600K in cash. There is no reason for you to pay for that initial depreciation.

I have an answer to all you(r) but(t)s. Here they are in a Zen minimalist 575 haiku:

Febreze steam cleaner.
Carfax history report.
Mechanic's review.

Bam.
Papa.

*everything is about zen minimalism these days isn't it? As the blog says, I'm a failed minimalist but I'm trying.