Monday, September 19, 2011

Quick Praise of the Public Library

I just finished reading Clark Howard's brand new book "Living Large in Lean Times". I made a reservation online at the local library website, they gave me a call when it was in, I literally ran to the library (bonus points) and ended up being the first patron to check out this book.

Bam. Saving money by borrowing a book on saving money. and running to the library and back to boot. That was a good day.

So just a reminder, see what is available at the public library first before you buy a book or magazine. I'd rather buy one that I cannot borrow or read there. Go to Barnes and Noble and make your wishlist then see if it's out yet at your local. The next cool thing is soon the local library will lend out Kindle compatible e-books. You don't even have to buy a Kindle. Just download to your computer or mobile device.