Monday, January 21, 2013

Create more

One of my resolutions is to do something creative everyday. Write, draw, make stuff, etc. In the first month I've already missed tons of days. To improve these stats I plan to do a couple things.

1. Make sure I have tools that make it easier and attractive for me to create.

a. take a pen / pencil everywhere
b. jean pocket-sized leather journal with refillable notepad (fieldnotes?) everywhere. first use up my pocket moleskine.
c. alternatively, write / post on my ipod touch.
d. alternatively, get an ipad mini to facilitate taking photos, writing and blogging.

2. make a habit of creating.

I recently looked at the number of my blog posts per year.
2010 - 48
2011 - 103
2012 - 59
and this year is off to a low average. So this year I will try to double my high score of 103, which means I should be posting an average of four times a week. yeesh. I better get going!

What does this mean for you? You may be reading less refined posts about a variety of topics. Another thing I've noticed is;

1. that a lot of what I write down is in a list format.