Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Unbranding

I see a lot of consumers and have a few moments to check them out. I have an opportunity to see what they wear and what they carry. I see a lot of brand names on the clothing, sometimes huge logos spanning the entire surface of the clothing. I see a lot of branded accessories that I recognize even without the printed name, which also shows how successful certain companies' advertising has been on me.

I'm not doing resolutions this year but I will say this; I hope to reduce the free advertising I give to companies by wearing their huge logos on my stuff. I probably will stop doing unpaid gear reviews on my blog, except for negative issues I encounter with product. (no news is bad news?)

Brands are not evil. It can give consumers confidence that they are getting a certain level of quality. However sometimes the brand identity outshines the actual product. Sometimes people know the brand before they even know what the product is.

So, if you splash a logo on yourself, at least get compensated for it. better yet, promote yourself and your own brand.

Happy New Year!

another quality post brought to you by theevildrsin.blogspot.com