Monday, January 23, 2012

Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket Introduction

I had a Patagonia jacket that had started delaminating and was no longer waterproof, so I filled out the repair form on the website and mailed the form and jacket to Patagonia. Three weeks later...BAM! I received my requested replacement - The Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket.

The Torrentshell Jacket is a lightweight waterproof / breathable jacket that has some impressive features for a jacket costing about $130. Expensive for a casual raincoat but a decent price for a jacket for more active outdoor activities.

Some features include:
Pit zips for additional ventilation
Two handwarmer pockets
Adjustable hood
Inside mesh pocket for small waterbottle or accessories
Velcro cuffs

I got mine in black for more versatile, understated use. I like that this is a functional jacket without looking too much like you are going to climb K2 on your lunch break.

If you want a Torrentshell, consider this link. I would earn a commission if you buy through this link.
Patagonia Torrentshell Rain Jacket - Men's - Black In Size: Extra