Thursday, May 5, 2011

A rebuttal to a commenter

I decided to make a blog post rebuttal to a comment on my blog that caught my attention. It caught my attention because it was the first comment on my blog in over a year.  It reads:

Anonymous said...

Well - you've got the SwimOutlet.com posting ads on your blog. Good for you. One comment on this YOU JUST NERDED UP SWIMMING! How the hell do you do that? And "What can I say about SWIMHATS?" seriously man...just get in and swim.


Let me address each vicious accusation:


1) I welcome Swimoutlet.com to advertise on my blog. Please send me swimgear to test including briefs, goggles, and swimhats. I indeed ordered my Speedo Solar briefs from them and found good price and received product in reasonable time. 


2) "...nerded up swimming..." And by the way, my favorite American president who was never president Benjamin Franklin apparently invented swimfins. 


3) "...swimhats..." Yes, swimhats, now referred to as swimcaps by the commoners. As referenced to in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales by the Milliner:


"...praythee able seaman, allow me to craft a swim hat from the finest sheep's bladder and place it upon thy crown so verily thy noble ringlets remain unsullied by the vengeful sea..."

WHO LOOKS STUPID NOW?