Wednesday, January 5, 2011

PUR faucet mount water filters

I've been using the PUR faucet mount water filter for quite a few months and I really recommend it. There were a few lousy things about the last generation. It was awkward to do anything under the sink with the contraption in the way and rotating the filter cylinder to turn the filter on and off lacked durability. Finally my filter was leaking so bad it was time to replace it.

The whole new attachment can be removed in one piece very quickly by pressing in two white buttons. A small adapter collar screws into the end of the faucet. Several different collars are supplied to fit your faucet. At first I was very skeptical of the design but after removing it and remounting several times a day to wash dishes for months, it seems to be holding up well.

A few things to note.
1) Since I was used to the old design, I found myself trying to twist the whole filter to turn it on. Of course it resisted turning and I immediately realize my goof. No harm done.
2) Regular water comes out of one hole, and filtered water comes out of another. Again, being used to the old design, sometimes I wouldn't anticipate where the water would come out.
3) Make sure you hear a click when you attach the filter to the faucet. A couple times I've attached it loosely and when I turned the water on it blasted the filter off the faucet.
4) To turn the filter on you turn a lever down. Often I leave the lever down and next time I go to the sink I get filtered water until I remember and turn the lever back up.

Overall this is a great faucet mount filter and if you've been using pitcher filters due to previous bad experiences with faucet mounts, I'd try it again.

theevildrsin recommends.