Thursday, February 25, 2010

I had a job. Then I had another job. Now I have a blog.

Like many of you out there, after years of working in an industry (in this case, product development) I have found myself out of a job. Despite the huge feeling of insecurity I also consider this an opportunity to review what I do for money and how it affects the balance of other parts of my life.

I plan to explore developing multiple income streams in areas of interest to me and reduce compromises i have made for work in order to have more opportunities to do what i really want.

I also want to explore how I spend and save my money. In the past I have wanted to be a minimalist, but with an interest in product development and cars there are so many cool things out there and I own so many products that I will never be a minimalist. So, I would like to consider myself a SELECTIVE MINIMALIST. On things I do not consider important I will spend little or no money, while on things I really am crazy about I am willing to spend more. For example I do not care to spend any money on furniture while I am willing to pay more for a sports car (for now - what I'm willing to spend on my favorite hobby is decreasing).