Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Feature! Choco Journal! Choco snowman by L.A. Burdick

Happy New Year's Eve and welcome to a new feature on theevildrsin called Choco Journal! 

If there is one thing I'll remember about 2020 it will undoubtedly be...all the chocolate!  I received so much choco for the holidays that I will need to document what I liked and disliked. Spoiler – I will like everything.


Today's choco is the snowman by L.A. Burdick Handmade Chocolates. Like Whitman's Samplers, they are often given as gifts and come in a trademarked box. Unlike Whitman's Samplers, the box is wood, tied with a ribbon, stamped with a wax seal – and extremely expensive.




It's a very special treat, basically an event, starting from unwrapping the box.

The choco snowman is white chocolate outside of dark chocolate ganache blended with clementines. The top hat has a whole roasted hazelnut inside. 



Ratings (out of five)


Price 5

to me this is very expensive. We have been lucky to receive L.A. Burdick Chocolates as gifts.


Visual appeal 5

Is there anything cuter than this snowman? Yes. Stay tuned for future posts.


Remorse over eating something this cute. 5

Yes this is a real thing for me and a huge problem with many of this company's chocolates.  Wife...no remorse whatsoever!


Taste 4

All the ingredients are natural with no preservatives and taste great but I'm not a huge white chocolate fan. But you can't have a choco snowman with a dark choco shell, can you? CAN YOU? I'd be up for it!