Thursday, April 18, 2013

Speaking of walking...barefoot!

On our beach trips, the second I get to the condo, I kick off my flip flops, rarely revisiting them unless we need to go to the store.
Pedaling the beach cruisers? Barefoot.
Walking in the sand? Barefoot.
Swimming in the ocean? Barefoot of course.
Barefoot, barefoot, barefoot!

So why relegate a sensational feeling to once a year?
Now that it's warmer, it's sandals when I have to and barefoot when possible.

Drawbacks.
It bothers people. Heck you get more looks than if you were wearing toe shoes. You must be a weirdo if you're barefoot outside and not at a pool.
Burning hot pavement.
Oh yeah I did step on a fish hook and sand burrs.
Poop.
Glass.
Rocks.
Ringworm.

Benefits.
It bothers people.
Groundfeel.
Airiness.
Freedom.
Warm sand or pavement.
Soft pine needles.
Saving money on footwear.
Hobbits!