Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Minimalist Movie Review; The Grey

(Being a Minimalist Review, I'm just going to tell you if it was worth seeing and then throw in a few comments.)

This movie review almost didn't happen because I used up all my Liam Neeson jokes reviewing his last few movies. Thankfully, my girlfriend lent me one of hers; Liam's "particular set of skills" doesn't include wilderness survival.

I thought it was worth seeing despite the long anticipation due to waiting for the redbox release. The GF enjoyed it as well.

We have been inundated with survival shows from Les Stroud, Bear Grylls, Cody Lundin, and Man Woman Wild (never be in a survival situation with your spouse. SHE will tell you you're skinning that badger wrong). In order to satisfy the armchair survivalists, The Grey hits us with Three survival situations at one time: plane crash, arctic environment, and stalked by territorial wolves. Boom.

This movie reaffirms my belief that fire is the only thing that separates us from the animals and is why...I'm carrying the fire.