Friday, April 6, 2012

April Update

Gear: For a little over a week the Teva Zilch Sandals have been working well protecting the ground from my feet. Though considered a minimalist sandal the sole is still leagues more substantial than my Soft Star Moc3's. The sandals may get better as the soles wear down a little.

Swimming: With my flowing locks shorn I've decided to play around with not using a swim cap...one less item of gear for swimming. The water feels nice on my scalp but apparently I have ears Dumbo would envy and they have more drag than a RuPaul reality show. Also it seems that I've chosen the coldest week in spring for my tonsorial endeavor and now I'm cold!

Reading: Just started reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Unsurprisingly, I am already enjoying it. For some reason while I was reading the first 15 pages I started rethinking a design project from school and came up with 3 versions that might have been better. I'm hoping that this book continues to inspire me. Right now it says to me passion and personal vision over security and compromise.