Thursday, August 1, 2013

Book review: Inferno by Dan Brown

Welcome to my book review!

If this is your first time at one of these things here is a little info regarding style and content. Style wise I'm inspired by 140 character limits of texting and tweeting, haikus, and Hemingway's Baby Shoes (for sale: baby shoes, never worn). As I hopefully improve my writing, maybe my words will be fewer and more essential. Until then...
Content wise I'd rather not give too much away about the book. I'll give you a heads up if I think I'll mention a "spoiler". And of course I'll let you know if I like it and if you should buy borrow or avoid.

Dan Brown ( not to be confused with Dale Brown, at your own peril) writes the type of books I can read over and over again. His best are actually his non-Robert Langdon books like Deception Point and Digital Fortress.

On to Inferno!

Inferno takes Robert Langdon on an adventure to historical locations full of puzzles, action, and conspiracy. Huh, just like EVERY Robert Langdon adventure! Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I kept checking to see how much of the book I had left and was a little sad as the pages wound down. I also kept rereading previous pages as I fell for the little tricks and twists the author set up for the reader. The descriptions of historical art and architecture make me wonder if we currently make anything that will stand the true test of time.

I recommend you borrow Inferno from the library. Twice.