Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Merlefest 2012

If I went back in time 20 years and told my younger self that I'd be going to annual bluegrass festivals and enjoy it, I'd punch my older self in the face. Yet this past weekend I attended my third Merlefest. Somehow we managed to attend on the coldest day of the month. The weather kind of sucked but ensconced in my TAD Shagmaster hoodie and way overloaded with gear, we still had a great time!

Mando Mania
My favorite part of Merlefest. This event is marked by performances of some of the most talented mandolin players and Chris Thile.

The first time I saw Chris Thile I almost rushed the stage to come to his aid. I thought he was having a seizure. No, this is him just crafting some good tone.







What does Sam Bush think of all of this?




Yeah, me too Sam.